Tempo


Throughout the past year, during my dissertation process,  I have been researching into the theme of 'How does the interaction of sound and the visual enhance perception in fashion'. Homing in on the fashion industry and how sound is used to enhance specifically fashion visuals; including live fashion shows, interactive fashion installations and connections with virtual concepts on the web. I interviewed sound designer Nick Ryan, as I'm interested in his approach to translating sound to many different contexts and collaborations. He has worked with many top fashion designers and I used his collaboration with Showstudio 'The sound of clothes' as one of my case studies: a project based around the Balenciaga Spring/Summer 2006 collection photographed by Nick Knight. The connection between sound and the visual was  enhanced within my own work when I saw a quote on pianola rolls ( a paper roll full of holes that runs through a pianola instrument to play it, like a manuscript) It said looking at a pianola you cannot see the sound until it is played, so I decided to play on this factor and allow for visual to come alive : COLLECTION TO COME