Dance of the cosmos



   
Cosmos + Dance= Dance of the comos! 

I approached Anjali Dance Company (www.anjali.co.uk) with the prospect of filming them as part of my research. Recording their recent performances as document for them and to use as my reference of the human figure for my own work. I have made these videos animating my own paintings, combined with film taken of an improvised dance by Aya Kobayashi and Jason Manito at Chipping Norton Theatre, (as part of an Anjali Dance company fundraiser (find out more HERE) brought together with music composed and performed by my cousin Martin Rowe. 

soundcloud.com/mgt and anjali.co.uk

''Anjali Dance Company exists to change global thinking about who can dance and demonstrate new artistic possibilities by showcasing the creative potential of people with learning disabilities."

I am exploring the use of projection in interiors; developing surfaces to interact with and distort these projections. 






 'Dance of the Cosmos' is projections for a public space interior context to create a 360° atmosphere that is constantly changing and in motion. This following video is a time lapsed version of the visuals, however in context the samples would be a lot more progressive in the build and slower in motion:


Taking the samples into repeat is integral to the print based process of which I have created these in mind, just as a wallpaper repeats, so as to be projectable all around the room.